In the meantime…
10 thoughts about college from Luke Spray:
1. The only reason I go to school is because somewhere down the line I’ll supposedly need a piece of paper stating that I’ve thrown away money for multiple years
2. I spend the majority of class thinking of creative new ways to text people without the teacher finding out.
3. The rest of the time I spend reminding myself that I can’t draw a good doodle to save my life
4. The people at the reference desk in the library recognize my face by now, considering I don’t buy books when I can just photocopy whatever I may need out of the book that’s on reserve in the library.
5. What is the point of textbooks anyway? I can look up anything I need to know, about anything, by simply typing it into google.
6. I honestly believe it’s smarter to invest in an iphone than go to college. With an iphone, you can look up anything in the world on the internet. What is the point in getting straight A’s when the class idiot can get the same answer off his phone?
I dare you to try to argue this with me.
really, try me.
7. I pay more attention to teachers habits than I do what they’re teaching. By knowing a teacher’s habits and interests, I can mold any answer into something that is appealing to the teacher.
8. On those rare occasions when I do feel I have to study, I only listen to Sufjan Stevens. Brain music.
9. I really would like someone to explain to me why some colleges can charge obscene amounts of money to teach the same basic classes that you can get at a CC for $19 a unit. Especially when that class isn’t even worth $19.
10. I spent my last class figuring out this list because I care more about this blog than class. Sad isn’t it?
ps. Class ended before I could come up with a legitimate number 10.